Saturday August 18, 2016. Oakland, CA
No matter what your birth was like, the birthshop experience can help to create a new and more nourishing Limbic Imprint. Instead of trying to fix the old “programming” (by re-living the initial shock of being born), it’s most effective to just acquire a whole new vivid, rich, wonderful and sweet birth experience!
Matthew is certified in the Birth Into Being Method created by Elena Tonetti-Vladimirova. This method helps individuals have the felt experience of being conceived, gestated, and born in love and natural ecstasy. The Birthshop combines seminar/guided mediation/movement/breathing exercise/role-playing… and it’s fun!
An Embodied Exploration of Attachment Theory
Dates TBA. Oakland, CA
Connections are intrinsic to life. The quality of our earliest connections affects the quality of our life and influences how we interact with ourselves and others. In this workshop, we use attachment theory, contact improvisation, and mindfulness as a lense through which to:
- Explore our attachment styles (Secure, Anxious, Avoidant, Disorganized).
- Gain insight into the organizing beliefs behind these styles.
- Practice establishing clear boundaries for touch.
- Expand our capacity to give and receive support from our center.
- Feel into the barriers we may have towards nourishment in intimacy
- Begin to provide the missing experiences we need to become more secure.