IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO HAVE A HAPPY BIRTH
This two day Level 1 Birthshop is for:
- Anyone who wants more love, connection, and purpose in life and who feels that there is something holding them back.
- Expectant parents, especially Mothers and Fathers who want to give their babies a head start in life by not passing on their own traumas to them.
- Artists and other change makers who are looking to access and unleash more of their creative power in the world.
- People in the helping professions such as therapists, counselors, doulas, midwives, bodyworkers, coaches, etc. who want to gain insight into themselves and to learn new tools to support their clients more effectively.
- Parents of children who may have had difficult or traumatic births. By clearing their own experiences of their births and their children’s births, parents are able to support their children’s well-being by providing a more neutral and supportive nervous system for their children to access.
Why does your birth experience matter?
Our experiences in the womb, during birth, and in the first few years, help set the template for how we will experience the rest of life. They especially affect our sense of belonging and well-being in our body and influence how we move forward and deal with challenges in our life.
Up to 95% of industrial births are considered traumatic for baby and/or mother. The implications of this are that for a majority of us, our first imprint of life on this planet is charged with fear and discomfort. This under addressed area of personal and societal trauma has major implications on all human systems from our bodies to our families to our society’s to our ecology.
While modern birthing practices have made birth safer in many ways, the movement to medicalize birth has changed it from a personal, human, and natural process into a medical “procedure.” What happens is the the medical system can become a mediator between mothers (and fathers) and their children. Particularly between Mothers and their ability to connect with the wisdom of their own birthing bodies. In many ways, the medical establishment has intruded too far into the natural process of birth and it is possible that many of the medical “interventions” that are used (pitocin, forceps, iv’s and other movement restrictions, c-section, etc) are necessary because many mother’s feel unsafe and fearful in the hospital and that can negatively affect their ability to relax into the profound opening (physically, emotionally and spiritually) that birth requires. You can watch a 10 min preview of the ground breaking film Birth as We Know It here to get a better idea of the kind of forces that are unfolding during a birth when a mother (and father) is supported in that opening. You can also read more about studies that are exploring the link between childhood traumas and later health outcomes here.
Check out this blog to read my friend Yulia’s first hand account of her journey with Birth into Being.
Birthshops are designed to:
* Help to CLEAR the traumatic residue of these early experiences from our nervous systems.
* SET A NEW BASELINE of wellness and belonging.
* GIVE you the important missing experience of being deeply welcomed to your life in safety and love.
Instead of trying to fix the old “programming” (by re-living the initial shock of being born), it’s most effective to just acquire a whole new vivid, rich, and wonderful birth experience!
The Birthshop combines powerful somatic visualizations, meditation, somatic re-education, breathing exercises and one-on-one work supported by the group.
It’s deep, it’s profoundly healing and it’s fun!
What participants are saying:
“This workshop was very profound for me in two different ways: one as a preparation for our baby’s birth and the other as a woman in the world. I experienced the way i would like my baby and all babies to feel when they come to this life. I also discovered a lot a bout my self I had not known. I learned from Matthew as a facilitator but I also learned about him as a real person, as a husband, father and individual being.” -Paulina
“I am 61 year old male with children in their mid 20’s. Attending a birthshop would seem a little late… but I found it to be a very effective and powerful method. Matthew creates a safe place for connecting with my feelings and is a wonderful guide in this process. I would recommend this work to anybody and especially young couples. ” -Rhoads
EARLY BIRD PRICING ENDS SEPT 13TH